Skip to main content

Working in Us

    As we grow older, our responsibilities seem to pile up. Sooner or later, most of us begin to question how we can handle all of life's demands. It is easy to feel overwhelmed and to believe that it is impossible to accomplish all that life requires of us in some seasons. But I want to remind you that it isn't about what we can do--it's about what He does through us.

    The Bible doesn't tell us that "nothing is impossible," but rather that "nothing is impossible without God." We were never meant to face this world alone or in our own strength. It is even impossible to do all the things God asks of us without His help. When we are born again and filled with the Holy Spirit, Jesus' Spirit resides in us. He lives in us and works through us on our behalf, if we will only allow Him to.

    Do not let the circumstances and demands of life steal your fire. The only way to stay at peace is to give up whatever you've been trying to do on your own, and allow Jesus Christ to intervene and work through you. It may not look how you think it will, but I assure you it is always infinitely better that way. Allow His power to operate through you today.

Galatians 2:20  I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. (ESV)

Luke 1:37 For nothing will be impossible with God. (ESV)

Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." (NIV)

Philippians 4:13 For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. (NLT)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Listen Up

    Is Jesus talking to you? I hear many people wonder how to hear God's voice and what to listen for. I want to offer a bit of wisdom on the topic. If you are wondering if God is talking to you, the answer is yes. We were designed to have a relationship with our creator and He is always there trying to get ahold of you if you'll only pay a little attention.     How does God communicate with us? The first way is through His word. Those are direct words from God Himself, written through His people. The Bible is our instruction manual to life. Whatever difficulty we may be facing, there is always an answer in scripture. God, having known every need before we ever needed it, has already provided an answer. 2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness (ESV)     The second way God communicates with us is by talking directly to us. Just like Adam and Eve spok...

1 2 3, Count on Me

     I am thankful to say that for the first time in my life I am surrounded by friends and a community who I know will always build me up and point me in the right direction. More importantly, I know that they will always be honest with me. Honesty is a rare trait these days and I think it to be (combined with love) the most important thing to have in any relationship.    The Bible instructs us to speak life and truth into one another. To be honest and point each other to Christ when we are failing to see straight. I cannot emphasize how much I have grown since having access to that kind of community. Being in close friendships where I am able to be completely honest about my life, my struggles, my thoughts without fear of rejection or judgement is monumental alone. But take that a step further. I have been blessed to have friends that I can not only share my most intimate thoughts with, but they additionally are on their toes looking out for me and honest wh...

Humble Pie

    One of the most valuable characteristics in our walk with Christ is humility. When we have the ability to humble ourselves before Jesus and accept His leading, we go far. But problems arise when we force our own way. Humility is a characteristic that allows us to accept correction and truth and grow stronger because of it. Pride keeps us tied down and unable to grow up in Christ.     We have our brothers and sisters around us to keep pointing us to Jesus. That means helping us through areas not aligned with Him and combating those areas with the truth. But if we get angry and reject those people, we miss out on growing up for sake of being "right" and lose the people Jesus put in our lives for His sake. It doesn't matter if we are right but only that we follow what Jesus calls right and good. He is the one true judge and if we respect His ultimate goodness and authority, we should aim to follow in His ways.     Do not let your pride stunt your spiri...