Skip to main content

Go-Getters

    When someone in your life pushes you away, what is your natural reaction? Rarely is it to draw closer to them. Normally, we push back. When that happens to me, I often think that if someone doesn't want to be around me I don't want to force them into it. However, there is no denying that it hurts to be pushed away by someone you care about. I say all this because I believe that Jesus has a similar attitude towards us.

    Jesus tells us that if we draw near to Him, He will draw near to us. Likewise, if we push Him away, He won't ever force Himself on us. He is a perfect gentleman. Of course His heart yearns for each and every single person on this earth to be saved and to love Him, but He will never force that on anyone. He wants our hearts and He knows that to have our pure and undivided love that means that we have to choose it.

    If you are feeling far away from Jesus today there is a simple solution. Draw in towards the lover of your soul and He will draw near to you. If you want a more intimate relationship with Him, seek Him out. Remember that we serve a loving God that gives us the free will to make our own decisions.  He has made Himself completely available to you. It you want more of Him, go get it.

James 4:8 Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. (ESV)

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. (ESV)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Listen Up

    Is Jesus talking to you? I hear many people wonder how to hear God's voice and what to listen for. I want to offer a bit of wisdom on the topic. If you are wondering if God is talking to you, the answer is yes. We were designed to have a relationship with our creator and He is always there trying to get ahold of you if you'll only pay a little attention.     How does God communicate with us? The first way is through His word. Those are direct words from God Himself, written through His people. The Bible is our instruction manual to life. Whatever difficulty we may be facing, there is always an answer in scripture. God, having known every need before we ever needed it, has already provided an answer. 2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness (ESV)     The second way God communicates with us is by talking directly to us. Just like Adam and Eve spok...

1 2 3, Count on Me

     I am thankful to say that for the first time in my life I am surrounded by friends and a community who I know will always build me up and point me in the right direction. More importantly, I know that they will always be honest with me. Honesty is a rare trait these days and I think it to be (combined with love) the most important thing to have in any relationship.    The Bible instructs us to speak life and truth into one another. To be honest and point each other to Christ when we are failing to see straight. I cannot emphasize how much I have grown since having access to that kind of community. Being in close friendships where I am able to be completely honest about my life, my struggles, my thoughts without fear of rejection or judgement is monumental alone. But take that a step further. I have been blessed to have friends that I can not only share my most intimate thoughts with, but they additionally are on their toes looking out for me and honest wh...

Humble Pie

    One of the most valuable characteristics in our walk with Christ is humility. When we have the ability to humble ourselves before Jesus and accept His leading, we go far. But problems arise when we force our own way. Humility is a characteristic that allows us to accept correction and truth and grow stronger because of it. Pride keeps us tied down and unable to grow up in Christ.     We have our brothers and sisters around us to keep pointing us to Jesus. That means helping us through areas not aligned with Him and combating those areas with the truth. But if we get angry and reject those people, we miss out on growing up for sake of being "right" and lose the people Jesus put in our lives for His sake. It doesn't matter if we are right but only that we follow what Jesus calls right and good. He is the one true judge and if we respect His ultimate goodness and authority, we should aim to follow in His ways.     Do not let your pride stunt your spiri...