Skip to main content

Let It Go

    When things in life aren't going the way we expected or wanted, it is often a temptation to want to take over things for ourselves. When we feel out of control, we do everything we can to get it back. It is our fleshly reaction to push away the very solution to our every need. 

    It's difficult to take the leap of faith and let go of your life as you know it, but when we give our lives up to Jesus completely, it actually frees us. We get our peace because it isn't up to us anymore. When we let Jesus take over our lives it makes it a lot harder for us to screw things up! Why do we think that we know better than God anyway? We want to take over when we feel He isn't doing a good enough job,  but the truth is He is always working perfectly in our lives if we just let Him. 

    That means letting go of your family, job, friends, possessions, future, etc.-- everything. It might sound scary at first, but it should actually be a comforting thought. When we give it all to Him, we don't have to worry about it. If it doesn't work out it's not on our heads, it's on His. And let's be honest-- it's always going to work out when He's in charge. 

    I urge you, my brothers and sisters in Christ, to "let it go." What ever "it" is in your life that you've been holding on to, let Jesus take it from here. It is only when we give everything back to Him that we can have peace of mind. Take the trust fall and see that He isn't right there to catch you. 

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. (ESV)

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. (ESV)

1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. (ESV)

Romans 8:28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. (ESV)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Listen Up

    Is Jesus talking to you? I hear many people wonder how to hear God's voice and what to listen for. I want to offer a bit of wisdom on the topic. If you are wondering if God is talking to you, the answer is yes. We were designed to have a relationship with our creator and He is always there trying to get ahold of you if you'll only pay a little attention.     How does God communicate with us? The first way is through His word. Those are direct words from God Himself, written through His people. The Bible is our instruction manual to life. Whatever difficulty we may be facing, there is always an answer in scripture. God, having known every need before we ever needed it, has already provided an answer. 2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness (ESV)     The second way God communicates with us is by talking directly to us. Just like Adam and Eve spok...

1 2 3, Count on Me

     I am thankful to say that for the first time in my life I am surrounded by friends and a community who I know will always build me up and point me in the right direction. More importantly, I know that they will always be honest with me. Honesty is a rare trait these days and I think it to be (combined with love) the most important thing to have in any relationship.    The Bible instructs us to speak life and truth into one another. To be honest and point each other to Christ when we are failing to see straight. I cannot emphasize how much I have grown since having access to that kind of community. Being in close friendships where I am able to be completely honest about my life, my struggles, my thoughts without fear of rejection or judgement is monumental alone. But take that a step further. I have been blessed to have friends that I can not only share my most intimate thoughts with, but they additionally are on their toes looking out for me and honest wh...

Humble Pie

    One of the most valuable characteristics in our walk with Christ is humility. When we have the ability to humble ourselves before Jesus and accept His leading, we go far. But problems arise when we force our own way. Humility is a characteristic that allows us to accept correction and truth and grow stronger because of it. Pride keeps us tied down and unable to grow up in Christ.     We have our brothers and sisters around us to keep pointing us to Jesus. That means helping us through areas not aligned with Him and combating those areas with the truth. But if we get angry and reject those people, we miss out on growing up for sake of being "right" and lose the people Jesus put in our lives for His sake. It doesn't matter if we are right but only that we follow what Jesus calls right and good. He is the one true judge and if we respect His ultimate goodness and authority, we should aim to follow in His ways.     Do not let your pride stunt your spiri...