Skip to main content

Celebrate

    Sadly, it is a common misconception that Christians cannot have fun. That Christians aren't allowed to do anything that might be considered "fun" and that our faith is one full of restrictions. Well, I make it a goal in my own life to prove that idea wrong. I believe that Christians should be having more fun than those who do not know Jesus!

    You see, it isn't about what we give up, but what we gain. When we follow Jesus, our desires begin to change naturally as we seek Him. As a result, we start to seek out things to do for fun that do not have negative consequences. You may have enjoyed going out and getting smashed on a Friday night, but there are always consequences that go with those types of decisions. The beauty of a life with Jesus is that you don't desire to do those things anymore. You may find you still drink, but have lost the desire to overindulge.

    That is just one small example, but the point is that following Jesus does not take away our fun, but rather gives you a newfound freedom that makes you constantly want to celebrate! There is nothing more freeing than knowing that your identity lies in Him, and having the confidence to be who you are in Him. If you're a Christian, go out there and prove the world wrong. Celebrate your life in Jesus and make others want a piece of that!

Ecclesiastes 2:24-25 So I decided there is nothing better than to enjoy food and drink and to find satisfaction in work. Then I realized that these pleasures are from the hand of God. For who can eat or enjoy anything apart from him? (NLT)

Proverbs 17:22 A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. (ESV)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Listen Up

    Is Jesus talking to you? I hear many people wonder how to hear God's voice and what to listen for. I want to offer a bit of wisdom on the topic. If you are wondering if God is talking to you, the answer is yes. We were designed to have a relationship with our creator and He is always there trying to get ahold of you if you'll only pay a little attention.     How does God communicate with us? The first way is through His word. Those are direct words from God Himself, written through His people. The Bible is our instruction manual to life. Whatever difficulty we may be facing, there is always an answer in scripture. God, having known every need before we ever needed it, has already provided an answer. 2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness (ESV)     The second way God communicates with us is by talking directly to us. Just like Adam and Eve spok...

1 2 3, Count on Me

     I am thankful to say that for the first time in my life I am surrounded by friends and a community who I know will always build me up and point me in the right direction. More importantly, I know that they will always be honest with me. Honesty is a rare trait these days and I think it to be (combined with love) the most important thing to have in any relationship.    The Bible instructs us to speak life and truth into one another. To be honest and point each other to Christ when we are failing to see straight. I cannot emphasize how much I have grown since having access to that kind of community. Being in close friendships where I am able to be completely honest about my life, my struggles, my thoughts without fear of rejection or judgement is monumental alone. But take that a step further. I have been blessed to have friends that I can not only share my most intimate thoughts with, but they additionally are on their toes looking out for me and honest wh...

Humble Pie

    One of the most valuable characteristics in our walk with Christ is humility. When we have the ability to humble ourselves before Jesus and accept His leading, we go far. But problems arise when we force our own way. Humility is a characteristic that allows us to accept correction and truth and grow stronger because of it. Pride keeps us tied down and unable to grow up in Christ.     We have our brothers and sisters around us to keep pointing us to Jesus. That means helping us through areas not aligned with Him and combating those areas with the truth. But if we get angry and reject those people, we miss out on growing up for sake of being "right" and lose the people Jesus put in our lives for His sake. It doesn't matter if we are right but only that we follow what Jesus calls right and good. He is the one true judge and if we respect His ultimate goodness and authority, we should aim to follow in His ways.     Do not let your pride stunt your spiri...