Skip to main content

Tick-Tock

Ephesians 5:15-17 Pay careful attention, then, to how you walk—not as unwise people but as wise— making the most of the time, because the days are evil. So don’t be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is. (HCSB)

Psalm 90:12 So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom. (ESV)

    We have a limited amount of time on this earth. Our time is running out every day and we are all dying. It sounds depressing to think about it like that, but doesn't that make you want to use your time here more effectively? I want to leave this earth having made a difference for Christ, not having lived a whole life to satisfy the desires of my flesh.

Mark 8:36 And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? (NLT)

    But our time here seems everlasting to us. We don't realize how quickly it is melting away! To make the most of it is not some day down the road, but today. It is a choice we make every day. What are we doing with our time? Are we being selfish? Or furthering the Kingdom. 

    Sometimes I can waste a lot of time just trying to find a way to spend it! And then it is no longer there to spend. Don't waste your time! Decide to live for Jesus and take a step towards him every day, using the time you are given. You never know what day will be your last and living for a distant day when you will finally be an agent of change isn't benefitting the Kingdom today. Losing time is a battle with eternal consequences. Wage war by using your time well for Jesus today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Listen Up

    Is Jesus talking to you? I hear many people wonder how to hear God's voice and what to listen for. I want to offer a bit of wisdom on the topic. If you are wondering if God is talking to you, the answer is yes. We were designed to have a relationship with our creator and He is always there trying to get ahold of you if you'll only pay a little attention.     How does God communicate with us? The first way is through His word. Those are direct words from God Himself, written through His people. The Bible is our instruction manual to life. Whatever difficulty we may be facing, there is always an answer in scripture. God, having known every need before we ever needed it, has already provided an answer. 2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness (ESV)     The second way God communicates with us is by talking directly to us. Just like Adam and Eve spok...

1 2 3, Count on Me

     I am thankful to say that for the first time in my life I am surrounded by friends and a community who I know will always build me up and point me in the right direction. More importantly, I know that they will always be honest with me. Honesty is a rare trait these days and I think it to be (combined with love) the most important thing to have in any relationship.    The Bible instructs us to speak life and truth into one another. To be honest and point each other to Christ when we are failing to see straight. I cannot emphasize how much I have grown since having access to that kind of community. Being in close friendships where I am able to be completely honest about my life, my struggles, my thoughts without fear of rejection or judgement is monumental alone. But take that a step further. I have been blessed to have friends that I can not only share my most intimate thoughts with, but they additionally are on their toes looking out for me and honest wh...

Humble Pie

    One of the most valuable characteristics in our walk with Christ is humility. When we have the ability to humble ourselves before Jesus and accept His leading, we go far. But problems arise when we force our own way. Humility is a characteristic that allows us to accept correction and truth and grow stronger because of it. Pride keeps us tied down and unable to grow up in Christ.     We have our brothers and sisters around us to keep pointing us to Jesus. That means helping us through areas not aligned with Him and combating those areas with the truth. But if we get angry and reject those people, we miss out on growing up for sake of being "right" and lose the people Jesus put in our lives for His sake. It doesn't matter if we are right but only that we follow what Jesus calls right and good. He is the one true judge and if we respect His ultimate goodness and authority, we should aim to follow in His ways.     Do not let your pride stunt your spiri...