Skip to main content

Tell the World

   Throughout our lives, God is constantly in the process of transforming us into His image as we draw near towards Him. He does this, in part, by allowing tough circumstances to come into our lives to test and strengthen our relationship with Him. Will we lean on Him in those instances? Or succumb to the worldly way of dealing with things? 

    The times that God uses to grow us, can also be used to help grow and encourage others. This is done by sharing the testimony of what God has done in our lives with those around us. Jesus often connects us with people who are going through the same things we have already gone through so that we might be able to encourage them with how He came through for us, and will come through for them. We are to always be boasting about the work that Jesus is doing in our lives. 

    The word warns us not to be ashamed of the work He has done in our lives. Jesus wants us to be proud followers of the One True King and to humbly share His work in our lives with others. To do that, we must cast aside all pride that stops us from revealing our times of weakness to people. Because when we are weak, His strength is revealed through us! 

    Do not be afraid to boast about your Lord Jesus Christ and what He has done for you. You never know who needs to hear about your life specifically. Many times, we get to thinking that we are a hopeless case that is unworthy of Christ's love. When people see how far you have come, they can be filled with hope about their own future in Christ. 

Luke 8:39 "Return to your home, and declare how much God has done for you." And he went away, proclaiming throughout the whole city how much Jesus had done for him. (ESV)

Revelation 12:11 And they have conquered him [Satan] by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony (ESV)

Matthew 10:32 So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven (ESV)
Psalm 66:16 Come and hear, all you who fear God, and I will tell what he has done for my soul. (ESV)

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes—the Jew first and also the Gentile. (NLT)

Galatians 6:14 May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. (NIV) 
2 Corinthians 12:10 That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. (NIV)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Listen Up

    Is Jesus talking to you? I hear many people wonder how to hear God's voice and what to listen for. I want to offer a bit of wisdom on the topic. If you are wondering if God is talking to you, the answer is yes. We were designed to have a relationship with our creator and He is always there trying to get ahold of you if you'll only pay a little attention.     How does God communicate with us? The first way is through His word. Those are direct words from God Himself, written through His people. The Bible is our instruction manual to life. Whatever difficulty we may be facing, there is always an answer in scripture. God, having known every need before we ever needed it, has already provided an answer. 2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness (ESV)     The second way God communicates with us is by talking directly to us. Just like Adam and Eve spok...

Humble Pie

    One of the most valuable characteristics in our walk with Christ is humility. When we have the ability to humble ourselves before Jesus and accept His leading, we go far. But problems arise when we force our own way. Humility is a characteristic that allows us to accept correction and truth and grow stronger because of it. Pride keeps us tied down and unable to grow up in Christ.     We have our brothers and sisters around us to keep pointing us to Jesus. That means helping us through areas not aligned with Him and combating those areas with the truth. But if we get angry and reject those people, we miss out on growing up for sake of being "right" and lose the people Jesus put in our lives for His sake. It doesn't matter if we are right but only that we follow what Jesus calls right and good. He is the one true judge and if we respect His ultimate goodness and authority, we should aim to follow in His ways.     Do not let your pride stunt your spiri...

1 2 3, Count on Me

     I am thankful to say that for the first time in my life I am surrounded by friends and a community who I know will always build me up and point me in the right direction. More importantly, I know that they will always be honest with me. Honesty is a rare trait these days and I think it to be (combined with love) the most important thing to have in any relationship.    The Bible instructs us to speak life and truth into one another. To be honest and point each other to Christ when we are failing to see straight. I cannot emphasize how much I have grown since having access to that kind of community. Being in close friendships where I am able to be completely honest about my life, my struggles, my thoughts without fear of rejection or judgement is monumental alone. But take that a step further. I have been blessed to have friends that I can not only share my most intimate thoughts with, but they additionally are on their toes looking out for me and honest wh...