Skip to main content

Stay Weak

    In job interviews, interviewers often ask, "what are your strengths?" But today I want to challenge you with, "what are your weaknesses?" Jesus loves using our strengths to bring glory to His name, but He also loves using our weaknesses! Everything we are is useful to bring fame to His name. 

    Boast in your weaknesses rather than your strengths. It is in the areas and times that we are weak that Jesus' strength is made known. When there is no possible way for us to come through, it shows others it must be Him. It is human nature to want to hide the areas we're naturally weak in and to make our accomplishments seem larger than life. But I think what we really need to be doing is proclaiming our weaknesses and how Jesus is faithful to provide. 

    Speaking aloud, "I can't do this, but I know Jesus will come through," is valuable on many levels. Firstly, after He has come through it shows everyone who has walked through the process to know how you've succeeded. There are always naysayers, but when we keep speaking truth regardless (and when it actually comes to fruition) that chips away at their unbelief. Not only does it help others to build their faith, but it helps us do the same. When we constantly speak that Jesus will come through it strengthens us and reminds us that He will. Our words are powerful, let us use them to bring glory to the King!

    Stop worrying so much about looking good and start being concerned with how great Jesus can look. Let His work be seen in your life through your weaknesses. It builds your faith, brings unbelievers or new believers faith, and grows your personal relationship with Jesus. What do you have to lose? 

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. (ESV)

Hebrews 11:6 And without faith it is impossible to please him (ESV)

Luke 1:37 For nothing will be impossible with God (ESV)

Proverbs 18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruits. (ESV)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Listen Up

    Is Jesus talking to you? I hear many people wonder how to hear God's voice and what to listen for. I want to offer a bit of wisdom on the topic. If you are wondering if God is talking to you, the answer is yes. We were designed to have a relationship with our creator and He is always there trying to get ahold of you if you'll only pay a little attention.     How does God communicate with us? The first way is through His word. Those are direct words from God Himself, written through His people. The Bible is our instruction manual to life. Whatever difficulty we may be facing, there is always an answer in scripture. God, having known every need before we ever needed it, has already provided an answer. 2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness (ESV)     The second way God communicates with us is by talking directly to us. Just like Adam and Eve spok...

1 2 3, Count on Me

     I am thankful to say that for the first time in my life I am surrounded by friends and a community who I know will always build me up and point me in the right direction. More importantly, I know that they will always be honest with me. Honesty is a rare trait these days and I think it to be (combined with love) the most important thing to have in any relationship.    The Bible instructs us to speak life and truth into one another. To be honest and point each other to Christ when we are failing to see straight. I cannot emphasize how much I have grown since having access to that kind of community. Being in close friendships where I am able to be completely honest about my life, my struggles, my thoughts without fear of rejection or judgement is monumental alone. But take that a step further. I have been blessed to have friends that I can not only share my most intimate thoughts with, but they additionally are on their toes looking out for me and honest wh...

Humble Pie

    One of the most valuable characteristics in our walk with Christ is humility. When we have the ability to humble ourselves before Jesus and accept His leading, we go far. But problems arise when we force our own way. Humility is a characteristic that allows us to accept correction and truth and grow stronger because of it. Pride keeps us tied down and unable to grow up in Christ.     We have our brothers and sisters around us to keep pointing us to Jesus. That means helping us through areas not aligned with Him and combating those areas with the truth. But if we get angry and reject those people, we miss out on growing up for sake of being "right" and lose the people Jesus put in our lives for His sake. It doesn't matter if we are right but only that we follow what Jesus calls right and good. He is the one true judge and if we respect His ultimate goodness and authority, we should aim to follow in His ways.     Do not let your pride stunt your spiri...