Skip to main content

Believe and Receive

    To believe God beyond the circumstances surrounding us is to have faith. It is what our entire Christian experience is based upon! Faith is the currency of Heaven. To even enter the Kingdom, we had to have faith that Jesus is who He says He is without seeing any real "proof" beforehand. We can go nowhere in our walk with Jesus without having faith in Him. Today I want to simply encourage you to walk out that faith.

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. (ESV)

Hebrews 11:6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. (NIV)

    If you want to get to please God, seek Him out and have faith. Faith will bear rewards into your life and you will be able to see God for more of who He is. When we decide to believe Him in what He promises, we learn His character and the vastness of His power and love for us. It is not for nothing that He asks us to trust Him.

    Today if you are having a hard time believing God will do what He said He will do because you cannot see it, change your focus. Start asking Jesus to give you faith in Him, for even this is a spiritual gift (listed in 1 Corinthians 12)! He grants us even the ability to believe Him.  Because faith is the currency of the Kingdom of Heaven, all you have to do is believe and receive all that He has for you!

Mark 9:23-24 Then Jesus said to him, "'If you can'? Everything is possible to the one who believes."
Immediately the father of the boy cried out, "I do believe! Help my unbelief." (NIV)

Luke 17:5 The apostles said to the Lord, “Increase our faith!” (ESV)
1 Corinthians 12:9 to another faith by the same Spirit (NIV)

Matthew 21:22 And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith. (ESV)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Listen Up

    Is Jesus talking to you? I hear many people wonder how to hear God's voice and what to listen for. I want to offer a bit of wisdom on the topic. If you are wondering if God is talking to you, the answer is yes. We were designed to have a relationship with our creator and He is always there trying to get ahold of you if you'll only pay a little attention.     How does God communicate with us? The first way is through His word. Those are direct words from God Himself, written through His people. The Bible is our instruction manual to life. Whatever difficulty we may be facing, there is always an answer in scripture. God, having known every need before we ever needed it, has already provided an answer. 2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness (ESV)     The second way God communicates with us is by talking directly to us. Just like Adam and Eve spok...

1 2 3, Count on Me

     I am thankful to say that for the first time in my life I am surrounded by friends and a community who I know will always build me up and point me in the right direction. More importantly, I know that they will always be honest with me. Honesty is a rare trait these days and I think it to be (combined with love) the most important thing to have in any relationship.    The Bible instructs us to speak life and truth into one another. To be honest and point each other to Christ when we are failing to see straight. I cannot emphasize how much I have grown since having access to that kind of community. Being in close friendships where I am able to be completely honest about my life, my struggles, my thoughts without fear of rejection or judgement is monumental alone. But take that a step further. I have been blessed to have friends that I can not only share my most intimate thoughts with, but they additionally are on their toes looking out for me and honest wh...

Humble Pie

    One of the most valuable characteristics in our walk with Christ is humility. When we have the ability to humble ourselves before Jesus and accept His leading, we go far. But problems arise when we force our own way. Humility is a characteristic that allows us to accept correction and truth and grow stronger because of it. Pride keeps us tied down and unable to grow up in Christ.     We have our brothers and sisters around us to keep pointing us to Jesus. That means helping us through areas not aligned with Him and combating those areas with the truth. But if we get angry and reject those people, we miss out on growing up for sake of being "right" and lose the people Jesus put in our lives for His sake. It doesn't matter if we are right but only that we follow what Jesus calls right and good. He is the one true judge and if we respect His ultimate goodness and authority, we should aim to follow in His ways.     Do not let your pride stunt your spiri...