Skip to main content

Through His Eyes

    I have often spent days upset wondering why bad things happen to good people. Why does God allow us go through such trials when we have done right by Him? One day I realized-- man's opinions should neither bother nor influence me. I should be living only by the word of my Father in heaven. If I have done right by Him, then I have done right by all standards that matter. Period.

John 5:19 Jesus gave them this answer: "Very truly I tell you, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does." (NIV)
Romans 5:1-5 Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through ourd hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us. (NIV)
    My eyes have been opened to the some of the ways that God operates. There's a difference when you know something is theologically sound, and when you actually walk out that truth. We know that God works all things together for our good and that He knows the best plan for us. I would go as far to estimate that nine times out of ten God's plan does not match our own plan for ourselves. We think we know what we want but trust me-- we don't.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. (ESV)
Romans 8:28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. (ESV)

    Our Jesus knows us better than we even know ourselves. He always knows what is best for us and leads us in that direction whether we think we want it or not. I have recently seen where God has been pretty creative about this in my own life! For example, when praying about moving away from my wonderful, sunny California to Missouri (which embarrassingly I couldn't locate on a map at the time), I came to the conclusion (believe it or not) that it was what God wanted me to do. Not just my family-- but me. So naturally because it was God's will, I assumed that when I moved out here everything would be gravy. Not so my friends.

    Shortly after relocating, I went through a hardship like I had never known. It was a really difficult time to overcome, but now I see I needed it. It has helped to shape me into the woman I am today. Yet if I had known prior to moving that trials were waiting ahead of me, I wouldn't have for a second considered coming. When we know difficulty could lie ahead, we avoid it like the plague. Who wants that for themselves?

James 1:2-4 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. (NIV)
James 1:12 Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him. (ESV)

    It is unwise, however, to think that way. We should want what Jesus wants no matter the cost. There is always a purpose behind every trial and testing of our faith. It makes us into the people we need to be to walk out God's purpose for our lives. We should not curse God in our times of trial, but thank Him for allowing us to grow more in our personal relationships with Him. Try thinking about it that way next time! It will completely transform the way you view life. Today, draw a little closer to Jesus and see what He is trying to teach you through your experiences. When you start to view your life through His eyes, it transforms everything! Live in that today!


Romans 5:1-5 Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us. (NIV)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Listen Up

    Is Jesus talking to you? I hear many people wonder how to hear God's voice and what to listen for. I want to offer a bit of wisdom on the topic. If you are wondering if God is talking to you, the answer is yes. We were designed to have a relationship with our creator and He is always there trying to get ahold of you if you'll only pay a little attention.     How does God communicate with us? The first way is through His word. Those are direct words from God Himself, written through His people. The Bible is our instruction manual to life. Whatever difficulty we may be facing, there is always an answer in scripture. God, having known every need before we ever needed it, has already provided an answer. 2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness (ESV)     The second way God communicates with us is by talking directly to us. Just like Adam and Eve spok...

Multiplication Without Division

    The church environment is made to be the body and the family of Christ. We are supposed to love each other and support each other through everything. Sadly, this is not the attitude of most churches in America today. Unfortunately, many people bring the world into the church instead of bringing the church into the world.      A lot of people use the church as a place where they can jockey for positions and get recognized for their talents. They use it as a place where they can judge and condemn others from the safety of their own elite clique. They look down condescendingly on those they see sinning, while sweeping their own sin under the rug.  They cause division. This attitude comes straight out of the world without Christ.  Matthew 7:5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye. (NIV)     A church is a place where we exalt Jesus and ...

Humble Pie

    One of the most valuable characteristics in our walk with Christ is humility. When we have the ability to humble ourselves before Jesus and accept His leading, we go far. But problems arise when we force our own way. Humility is a characteristic that allows us to accept correction and truth and grow stronger because of it. Pride keeps us tied down and unable to grow up in Christ.     We have our brothers and sisters around us to keep pointing us to Jesus. That means helping us through areas not aligned with Him and combating those areas with the truth. But if we get angry and reject those people, we miss out on growing up for sake of being "right" and lose the people Jesus put in our lives for His sake. It doesn't matter if we are right but only that we follow what Jesus calls right and good. He is the one true judge and if we respect His ultimate goodness and authority, we should aim to follow in His ways.     Do not let your pride stunt your spiri...