Skip to main content

Blind Trust

    Lately I have been thinking about how magnificent and detailed Jesus' plan for each and every one of us is. He knows us so intimately that even though we have free will, He knows what we will choose. Have you ever just sat in that reality? It is truly incredible! 

    He knows our mistakes and He knows our futures. Think about it. He knows what we will choose to do, and then He lays each step out in front of us. He orchestrates us being at the "right place at the right time" and every interaction we have on a daily basis-- the waitress, the classmate, the lady in the parking lot. There are no coincidences! 

Proverbs 16:9 A man's heart plans his way, but the Lord determines his steps. (HCSB)

    Thankfully, for those times when we mess up and deviate from His will for us, there is grace. He already planned around our mistakes. As long as we are seeking Him, he always guides us to be right back where He wants us. That's what the word means when it says he makes our paths straight! 

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. (ESV)

    Knowing all of this, Jesus has made it clear to me how important it is that I trust Him with all my heart. How I should be able to come to a place in my life where I don't have to know His whole plan. He reveals bits and pieces, but He knows what I can handle! I have to be okay with not knowing "why." Knowing why would eliminate a need for faith. Jesus loves surprises! He doesn't want us to spoil it for ourselves (as if we could figure it out anyway). I am supposed to let go of trying to figure out the meaning to every single thing and why I need to do  the things that He tells me to. We are supposed to let Him surprise us! Trust that His plan is good! 

    An example I remembered recently, was when I moved to Kanas City from beautiful California. I prayed and I knew that it was God's will for me to move. Because I knew that, I expected everything to be perfect when I got here. It was far from it. The beginning was really rough. But if I had known that when Jesus told me to move, I wouldn't have moved! I now see the purpose of that time in my life. And I didn't know what was coming because Jesus knew I wouldn't have obeyed. 

    I want to live my life with blind trust in Jesus. I don't want to be spoon-fed all the details so that there is no trust or faith involved. I know that He loves me, His plans are good, and that there is a reason for everything. And that should be enough! 

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. (ESV)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Listen Up

    Is Jesus talking to you? I hear many people wonder how to hear God's voice and what to listen for. I want to offer a bit of wisdom on the topic. If you are wondering if God is talking to you, the answer is yes. We were designed to have a relationship with our creator and He is always there trying to get ahold of you if you'll only pay a little attention.     How does God communicate with us? The first way is through His word. Those are direct words from God Himself, written through His people. The Bible is our instruction manual to life. Whatever difficulty we may be facing, there is always an answer in scripture. God, having known every need before we ever needed it, has already provided an answer. 2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness (ESV)     The second way God communicates with us is by talking directly to us. Just like Adam and Eve spok...

Multiplication Without Division

    The church environment is made to be the body and the family of Christ. We are supposed to love each other and support each other through everything. Sadly, this is not the attitude of most churches in America today. Unfortunately, many people bring the world into the church instead of bringing the church into the world.      A lot of people use the church as a place where they can jockey for positions and get recognized for their talents. They use it as a place where they can judge and condemn others from the safety of their own elite clique. They look down condescendingly on those they see sinning, while sweeping their own sin under the rug.  They cause division. This attitude comes straight out of the world without Christ.  Matthew 7:5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye. (NIV)     A church is a place where we exalt Jesus and ...

Humble Pie

    One of the most valuable characteristics in our walk with Christ is humility. When we have the ability to humble ourselves before Jesus and accept His leading, we go far. But problems arise when we force our own way. Humility is a characteristic that allows us to accept correction and truth and grow stronger because of it. Pride keeps us tied down and unable to grow up in Christ.     We have our brothers and sisters around us to keep pointing us to Jesus. That means helping us through areas not aligned with Him and combating those areas with the truth. But if we get angry and reject those people, we miss out on growing up for sake of being "right" and lose the people Jesus put in our lives for His sake. It doesn't matter if we are right but only that we follow what Jesus calls right and good. He is the one true judge and if we respect His ultimate goodness and authority, we should aim to follow in His ways.     Do not let your pride stunt your spiri...