Skip to main content

Confidence in Christ

    In this day and age it is easy to get distracted from Jesus and His plan for our lives. Satan constantly throws roadblocks out in front of us to try and take our focus away from our King. It is so critically important to be able to fixate on the truth when that happens and not on the trap of lies Satan weaves.

    We should be able to have strong confidence in His power and His plan. But Satan likes to kick us where it hurts. For a lot of people, that's their emotions. He preys on emotion which is a gift we were naturally given by God. But Satan twists it and tries to use it against us.

    He puts things around us to try and make us consumed with emotion rather than our God. But let me tell you this friends, emotions are not reality. And your feelings are exactly that… YOUR feelings! You are in complete control over how you feel whether you realize it or not.

    You have the ability to recognize things that are not from Jesus when you hang around Him a lot. Likewise, you have His power and authority to cast away anything not in alignment with Him. When Satan tries to influence your feelings, you have the capability to see it and turn off those negative emotions.

    It is so important to live by what Jesus has told you in the word and in your heart. Do not forget the wisdom He has given you the second an emotion or other road block pops up. Fight the internal battle. Be confident in what He has told you and walk it out! He will surely do the rest!

Matthew 6:33 But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. (ESV)
Proverbs 3:26 For the Lord will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being caught. (ESV)
Isaiah 41:10 Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (ESV)
1 John 3:20-21 For whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and he knows everything. Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence before God. (ESV)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Listen Up

    Is Jesus talking to you? I hear many people wonder how to hear God's voice and what to listen for. I want to offer a bit of wisdom on the topic. If you are wondering if God is talking to you, the answer is yes. We were designed to have a relationship with our creator and He is always there trying to get ahold of you if you'll only pay a little attention.     How does God communicate with us? The first way is through His word. Those are direct words from God Himself, written through His people. The Bible is our instruction manual to life. Whatever difficulty we may be facing, there is always an answer in scripture. God, having known every need before we ever needed it, has already provided an answer. 2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness (ESV)     The second way God communicates with us is by talking directly to us. Just like Adam and Eve spok...

1 2 3, Count on Me

     I am thankful to say that for the first time in my life I am surrounded by friends and a community who I know will always build me up and point me in the right direction. More importantly, I know that they will always be honest with me. Honesty is a rare trait these days and I think it to be (combined with love) the most important thing to have in any relationship.    The Bible instructs us to speak life and truth into one another. To be honest and point each other to Christ when we are failing to see straight. I cannot emphasize how much I have grown since having access to that kind of community. Being in close friendships where I am able to be completely honest about my life, my struggles, my thoughts without fear of rejection or judgement is monumental alone. But take that a step further. I have been blessed to have friends that I can not only share my most intimate thoughts with, but they additionally are on their toes looking out for me and honest wh...

Humble Pie

    One of the most valuable characteristics in our walk with Christ is humility. When we have the ability to humble ourselves before Jesus and accept His leading, we go far. But problems arise when we force our own way. Humility is a characteristic that allows us to accept correction and truth and grow stronger because of it. Pride keeps us tied down and unable to grow up in Christ.     We have our brothers and sisters around us to keep pointing us to Jesus. That means helping us through areas not aligned with Him and combating those areas with the truth. But if we get angry and reject those people, we miss out on growing up for sake of being "right" and lose the people Jesus put in our lives for His sake. It doesn't matter if we are right but only that we follow what Jesus calls right and good. He is the one true judge and if we respect His ultimate goodness and authority, we should aim to follow in His ways.     Do not let your pride stunt your spiri...