Skip to main content

What Ifs

    How many of us have missed opportunities because in the moment we couldn't bring ourselves to say or do the thing our heart wanted to? This happens all the time in our Christian walk. I find myself concentrating too much of the possible negative consequences of my actions instead of the possible positive ones.  I think things like, "if I offer to pray for him he might get freaked out..." And by the time I've come to my senses the moment is gone.

    I just want to encourage you today to be confident in your walk with the Lord. Quit missing opportunities to advance the gospel because you fear the consequences. Think of all the great things that could come of you stepping out of your comfort zone to introduce someone to the real Jesus. What if they think you're weird? What if they say no? But what if they say yes?

    We are called into a life of boldness. If it is on your heart to act, then act. Chances are that Jesus put that desire there for you to act on. If you are rejected or overstep your boundaries, remember that there is grace for that! Jesus works all things together for our good and that's never going to change. So get out there today and make a difference.

Acts 28:31 Proclaiming the kingdom of God and teaching about the Lord Jesus Christ with all boldness and without hindrance. (ESV)

Acts 4:31 And when they had prayed, the place in which they were gathered together was shaken, and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and continued to speak the word of God with boldness. (ESV)

Mark 16:15 And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation." (ESV)

Romans 11:6 But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace (ESV)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Listen Up

    Is Jesus talking to you? I hear many people wonder how to hear God's voice and what to listen for. I want to offer a bit of wisdom on the topic. If you are wondering if God is talking to you, the answer is yes. We were designed to have a relationship with our creator and He is always there trying to get ahold of you if you'll only pay a little attention.     How does God communicate with us? The first way is through His word. Those are direct words from God Himself, written through His people. The Bible is our instruction manual to life. Whatever difficulty we may be facing, there is always an answer in scripture. God, having known every need before we ever needed it, has already provided an answer. 2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness (ESV)     The second way God communicates with us is by talking directly to us. Just like Adam and Eve spok...

1 2 3, Count on Me

     I am thankful to say that for the first time in my life I am surrounded by friends and a community who I know will always build me up and point me in the right direction. More importantly, I know that they will always be honest with me. Honesty is a rare trait these days and I think it to be (combined with love) the most important thing to have in any relationship.    The Bible instructs us to speak life and truth into one another. To be honest and point each other to Christ when we are failing to see straight. I cannot emphasize how much I have grown since having access to that kind of community. Being in close friendships where I am able to be completely honest about my life, my struggles, my thoughts without fear of rejection or judgement is monumental alone. But take that a step further. I have been blessed to have friends that I can not only share my most intimate thoughts with, but they additionally are on their toes looking out for me and honest wh...

Humble Pie

    One of the most valuable characteristics in our walk with Christ is humility. When we have the ability to humble ourselves before Jesus and accept His leading, we go far. But problems arise when we force our own way. Humility is a characteristic that allows us to accept correction and truth and grow stronger because of it. Pride keeps us tied down and unable to grow up in Christ.     We have our brothers and sisters around us to keep pointing us to Jesus. That means helping us through areas not aligned with Him and combating those areas with the truth. But if we get angry and reject those people, we miss out on growing up for sake of being "right" and lose the people Jesus put in our lives for His sake. It doesn't matter if we are right but only that we follow what Jesus calls right and good. He is the one true judge and if we respect His ultimate goodness and authority, we should aim to follow in His ways.     Do not let your pride stunt your spiri...